Monday, December 17, 2007

"making tuesday feel like monday..."




everyday...


(this blog entry has been modified... melanie was the author of this last post, and frankly it was under the influence. side note: don't offer to get your caretakers drunk if care if still needed! ;] )

the pictures from this evening illustrate some of the fun we had during our last night in dc before we all headed northward. the last hurray, if you will. several friends came over later in the night. (even one who left her own anniversary celebration to see me off. now that is love!)

needless to say, i am relieved that melanie and jules got along as well as they did. it was great to have so many of my friends from the different corners of my life come together to help me with the details of my daily needs. friends from my home town that i have known since i was 17, friends from college, and people that i have met within this past year. it was incredible to see so many faces around me during my recuperation~all there for the sole purpose of making me feel as comfortable as i could sonsidering... everyone got along great, and meshed with the other personalities so seamlessly. it was really incredible to witness, and so humbling to absorb.

but i think we all anticipated that these well wishers would be sitting around restlessly while i was in and out of consciousness. instead, it was a week long party. maybe it was the oxicontin talking~but it was a f'ing blast! i was up and about since the evening of my surgery (craving ribs and mashed potatoes~oddly enough, for those who know me well enough.) and my energy levels and reserves made me only want to celebrate with all of those who came to share in this moment. people came to pour me tea and fluff my pillows, wipe the drool off of my chin as i dozed... instead, they were sipping knob creek, and watching "strangers with candy" and graham norton, as we all laughed are asses off. it was better to cry from the laughter of off-color humor than the pain we all imagined i'd be feeling.

so here's to nartcotic drugs and dear friends who make any recovery a celebration!

much love to all of those who sent their well wishing, and especially those who partook in the partying!

1 comment:

Ali said...

I take it from this posting that we are off the antibiotics? ;)